Introducing NPC's New Podcast!
The National Plasterers Council (NPC) has rolled out a new offering for the pool industry with "Smooth Finish", a new podcast series.
"The NPC's mission is to be the utmost authority in the preparation, application, materials, start-ups and preservation of cementitious pool interior finishes," said Brent Lane, Artistry in Mosaics and Chair of the Marketing Committee. "We look to utilize
this new platform to discuss all topics related to this mission and other matters relative to our members and the community by hosting and collaborating with other associations in the swimming pool business, industry experts, NPC members, and vendors
specific to the topic at hand. We're hoping to be entertaining but striving to be enlightening."
Watch this page for new episodes as they become available!
- Episode #3 - Filling the Growing Trade Jobs Void: Recruiting and Retaining Talent in the Swimming Pool Trade
- In this episode, Brent Lane of Artistry in Mosaics, and Chair of the NPC Marketing Committee, leads our panelists in a discussion of how the swimming pool industry is recruiting the next wave of professionals to the trade. Jeremy Hausbrouk shares his experience as a business owner to promote the industry to students from primary school and up. Mary Anderson describes the Florida Swimming Pool Association's efforts partnering with their members to achieve a steady stream of professionals into the pool industry through an apprentice program.
Jeremy Hausbrouk is owner of Hasbrouck Pool and Spa Inc. in the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania and active member of the Penn/Jersey chapter of the Northeast Spa and Pool Association (NESPA).
Mary Anderson is Education Program Manager for the Florida Swimming Pool Association, which serves as the coordinating organization for 16 local FSPA Chapters.
- Episode #2 - How COVID-19 Redefined the 'Staycation'
- “Staycation”, dare we say the used car salesmen term in the industry, turned into the personified need for isolated activity for families in their own backyard. Host Brent Lane of Artistry in Mosaics, and Chair of the NPC Marketing Committee, leads
a discussion on how the 'Staycation' has impacted the pool industry.
- Listen as our panelists share their thoughts on how things have changed in the wake of the pandemic
- Panelists include Jeff Smith –Sales and Marketing Director of Alan Smith Pool Plastering, specializing in plastering and remodeling; NPC member and PSN Top 50 Builder and Sarah Bess- Marketing Director of Lyon Financial Underwriter, specializing in
the financing of swimming pools across the US
- Episode #1 - COVID-19 – A discussion About the Pool Industry's Response
- This first NPC podcast features host Brent Lane of Artistry in Mosaics, and Chair of the NPC Marketing Committee, leading a panel of pool industry professionals in an informative conversation covering a variety of issues related to how the pool industry
is responding to the coronavirus pandemic and the unique challenges faced by the industry. Conflicting information from the Federal, state and local governments and suggestions on how companies can stay informed is covered, as well as other topics.
Panelists include Chris Marcano of Natural Chemistry, Rob Romano of David Cooke Plaster Company, Rudy Stankowitz of Aquatic Facility Training & Consultants, and Dominick Mondi, Executive Director of The Northeast Spa and Pool Association (NESPA).